Monday, August 27, 2007

I'm still standin'

Yeah yeah yeah!
I heard that song on the radio the other day and that can so be my theme song at times. The kids are all back and back in school. Roller skating has become a weekly outing and J took a ride up to north central Iowa for the weekend to visit his folks. Progress on the green cashmere job has started again, though progress on the green sweater for me is at a standstill. The yarn shedding thing is really putting me off. The EZ pi shawl is now up to 3 balls of yarn and 786 stitches round. (sportweight alpaca and 10.5 needles. Who knew?) It will be going to my mom this weekend if I could just settle down on a border. I bought enough superwash merino wool in 8 different colors to make the Dream in color cardigan for my self but not till mid winter. The girls selected their yarns for their sweaters which will be started about late Sept.

Spinning I mixed some Romney with some strawberry colored silk and you would never know how rough the original wool was. Only maybe 25% silk too. Wow! Thanks Tara! I bought5 skeins of blank trekking sock yarn from PTB. I dyed some white handspun like raspberry lemonade. Beautiful.

I've been listening to my podcasts and may be dropping IAPM. I can only take so much rambling. I've been surfing some other podcasts and video casts as well as checking out You Tube. (love that U tube.)
Gotta go find me some Elton John..Oh have you seen Hairspray yet? If not go check it out!
Toodles!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home