Friday, June 08, 2007

This is your life ..

Are you who you want to be?

Wow I have been working on that question for a while now. I narrowed down my options to processor, sheep farmer business owner- yarn fiber equipment, business owner- custom work.
Now I've done almost everything except sheep farmer and None of it completely satisfies. The animal produce more fiber than I can sell, the fiber equipment and yarn selling is as variable as a menopausal women's moods, and the custom work is petty and not very rewarding.

So what's a girl to do? Doing it all to cover the gaps is just so much work it leaves me with little time to do anything else, and honestly it doesn't bring in as much as a "normal " job.

So I am getting rid of the bunnies and alpaca and the new puppy. I am still trying to figure out whether to get out of the custom business. I've been thinking of it for a while now.

Everything I do outside of work is an excuse to avoid something. That's why I only like to craft when I have something else I'm supposed to be doing. I'm tired of avoiding whatever it is. So for a while I will have to strip away all the distractions until I figure out what I'm avoiding.

When I did my paperwork for the guard, they looked at my entrance scores and remarked that I could do anything I wanted to do. I remembered that was the feeling I got when I finished the fiber festival. I can't seem to find that feeling now but I know it's still there. The question now is..
What do I want to do?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger dragon knitter said...

you just GOT the puppy! (don't look at me!)

6/09/2007 8:41 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Sounds like you need a vacation. I don't think anyone is ever really doing anything that they want to do in life. The art and craft that we do is a unique thing, almost a dieing art. Your skills as a spinner are invaluable to you, your friends and to the people that you meet in the future. Hang in there, life will quiet down in time.


Gina

6/11/2007 9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home