Monday, June 25, 2007

Fly me to the moon

J is learning to play the piano/keyboard and he played me this song. Since I have never heard it before, it was the sweetest song I have ever heard from him, an I hope o never hear the original so it will remain that way.
The knitting Job goes well, finaly. You know how it is with a new yarn and a new pattern,. It takes a bit for you all to get to know one another. The yarn is stiff and the rayon thread frequently doesn’t catch with the rest of the yarn. It also tends to become unruly if not held tight. I first found myself gripping everything so tightly, and making so many mistakes at one point I was ready to rip the whole thing back out and start again. But I took breaks and got the pattern memorized and now I can finish a row of 194 stitches in 4 mins. I already completed at least 2 inches in 4 hours.(yeah, nothing to brag about. The needles are size 7 and the yarn is a serious black. I can’t work it in the dark or even in bad light.)
On the spinning front, I have once again taken to spinning the last of the apology roving. I think that is really odd considering the size of the argument I had with the in-laws this weekend. God! Anyway. The pup is doing ok, his potty training is weird. Just when you think he’s got it, he winds up making on the floor. He also still whines in his kennel in the morning but I caught our older dog doing it too. I went out and bought a bag of lime this weekend to kill the smell in out back yard and boy does that work wonders! I put it over all the piles I could find and in an hour… no smell! Course J is very scared ‘cause I’ve been talking about killing him for years, and now I bought lime…..
I got a call from my daughter Quisha and she had some news for me I’m really proud of. I got to talk to Heather and Christine, it’s amazing how much I miss them all until they are here. This weekend besides the knitting and spinning I did some weeding in my front and side beds. The mound I got was HUGE! I so need to weed more often. I’ve started a compost bin oput of 2 35 gallon trash cans. This weekend I just about filled the one. I put some lime in there to go with the (coconut) Plant matter and dirt. Now I have to buy worms and dump the rabbit waste in there. We’ll see if it works out. The one part that gets me is that I have to water the contraption. I give it about 12 cups once or twice a week but…. I also need to turn it over some. Maybe tonight after the Harley dealership visit, and before the obligatory hour of knitting on the Job.
The Yarn issue with the classic elite montadale that shed itself all over me? The LYS wouldn’t take the yarn back. It’s up for sale 50.00 for the bag and 2 skeins. No tax.
Lets see anything else? Garden, kids, dogs, knitting, spinning…Nope that’s it! Oh, J got a new I pod Nano from Ameritrade for being there thru some monster event. So now I have a Nano and one lucky child will be getting a shuffle.

1 Comments:

Blogger dragon knitter said...

throw a beer in it once ina while, too. i don't remember what it does, but mark's been doing it for years, and his compost pile is magnificent! mine's in it's infancy, but it's been getting lots of fodder lately (sigh)

6/25/2007 10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home