Monday, May 14, 2007

Enough with the show already!

No not really, it was a blast though. Thank you everyone who came!
5 out of 7 vendors showed up and 3 out of 5 at least broke even. One of the ones that did came from south west MO and one of the ones that didn't was me. We had over 50 people show up. Some from Lincoln some from other states, like Iowa. People saw the signs or the magazine ad, or were told by friends(Ahem!) to come by.

Yes we are doing it again next year but on the third weekend of May and somewhere else. There will be a website, and later there will be photos.

Of course I bought stuff from everyone. I had my girls take classes, and we all had a great time.

Unfortunately we had a distant family member die on Mothers day. We will be going to her memorial Wed.

Work was almost non existent today, every event is another nail in the coffin. This week HR is in, telling us what options we have for the Great Closing. Tomorrow they will talk to us second class employees for an hour. The rest of the time is spent covering the . Permanent employees.
Moving On!

There has been much progress on the spring green shrug. I'm up to 9 inches and divide for the armholes section. The green Cashmere sweater is on hold till I come back from guard in June.

That's about all for now. I will show you what I bought and some pictures I took and what I sold and something I learned about selling yarn.
Listen to your podcasts folks and knit the night away.
Tooddles!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Yes, It was great to see everyone. I got some great stuff. I have only three classes left for this quarter and I plan to weedle down my yarn stash and fiber stash this summer. It was wonderful to have access to fiber within my own area. Sorry I could not stay long but my kids liked your bunnies......

See you soon!

Gina

5/15/2007 8:56 AM  
Blogger deawn said...

Am I one of the (Ahem!) people you were talking about? Okay, I feel you. I'd have been there, but since I'm still North-o'-the-border, it would have made for a brutal commute. Instead, I sent my trusty (and incredibly creative) friend Brett to investigate. (He simply RAVED about you and the festival!)

Sorry I missed it. Glad it went wonderfully!

5/16/2007 12:31 AM  
Blogger dragon knitter said...

glad to hear it went well. except that you didn't break even. that sucks. i'm looking forward to next year!

eliza and i were wondering who the vendor was by the door? we both really liked their stuff (we both bought stuff from them, lol). also, the arlington lady who had the jacob and the alpaca? help?

5/16/2007 1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a great time at the festival and I'm totally there for you next year - just let me know what I can do to help!

5/23/2007 1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home