Monday, April 02, 2007

Google alerts

Have you tried this thing? it's pretty cool. I heard about it on Sticks and String Sunday. (Hi David!) Go to Google dot com and into the same place you found blogger. Alerts is there too. Just type in what you want it to look for and then where you want them to send it and Voila! So I set up two; one on knitting and one on spinning. The spinning one was a bust so I've had to change it to Handspinning. The knit one was cool. Articles about knitting for AIDS babies in Africa. (I just don't get the idea of sweaters for babies in Africa. I know it gets cold there and babies are so temp sensitive but it's just the initial impression.)
One article on men getting into knitting. Lots of other stuff. Give it a shot.

Another thing is I've joined Zimmermania, and ordered two EZ books from Amazon. This I will never do again. If you tell me you have the books in late March and then tell me you won't ship till mid April and I might get them in mid May, I'm not gonna be real pleased with that. So to make my wait a little shorter I picked up the spring issue of Vogue Knitting. There is an alterknit version of the BSJ in there from Meg. It makes a kimono instead of a jacket. I think that's way cool.

On the kid front spring break has begun. My little hellions are up with the grandparents. My house is quiet and I'm getting lots done. Laundry, dishes, general cleaning, spinning, knitting, the works.

I'm gonna be a little somber here but only for a short line. I'll explore the idea more later. How many of us are running a current relationship like a previous one ran us? You know, like treating your loved one like someone treated you in the past. You wonder why you do, and how to stop doing it? Me too. Nuf said.

I went out and picked some flowers for the raised bed in the back. Hostas, some red and white Astilbe . Now I need a crowning glory like tulips iris and daffodils for the center. See the reason I did all this was so I could have more than one tulip and daffodill in my yard with out having to fight the rabbits for them. So I figure if I surround them with other plants, they will have a chance to grow.
I'm still thinking heathers for the top row of my front tier, I can't find any full sun fast growing rhoddis (I may have to wait till Wal-mart brings them back) to replace the dead ones on the bottom tier. I lost my yellow rose from last year but will replace it with the red one I saved from drowning in lilly's

1 Comments:

Blogger dragon knitter said...

i was going to buy that issue of vogue knitting, but sean was with me, and threw a fit because i was getting something ($7) and he wasn't ($50!). so i walked out of the store without it. i may go back friday after i take the kids to kc, and see if they still have a copy. i want that pattern

4/02/2007 7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home