Monday, March 05, 2007

Can you Feel It?

Oh yeah, The weather warmed up even under all that snow. The spinning has gone into over time and the alpaca fleeces are begging to be shipped off for processing.

Spring is coming.

The birds in my neighborhood are singing, the dog is shedding all over the carpet, the bunnies are molting and…in NC flowers are blooming. I saw it on a blog. ( I was envious but reassured.)
Some other signs you may have noticed:
The sun is up at 630 am.
Wal-mart is putting up their greenhouse tents.
Sheep are beginning to look attractive.
You find yourself drawn to sites that offer fleece, or talk about sheep.
Your bank account begins to look like “there’s enough there for…”
You start looking at your house and daydreaming.
You start reading home and garden magazines.
You have made enough trips to Lowes, Menards, and Home Depot to have the layouts memorized.
The dyepot has started calling you.
The raw fleece already in your house is telling you it’s lonely.
Your spinning wheel has been getting a work out.
Knitting with wool is beginning to seem…unsatisfying.

Yes I’m guilty of all of that. I made great progress on the cashmere sweater, I ripped back the whole sleeve and re knitted it past it’s previous length all in one day. I also spun several lengths of white Romney, the gift merino the angora wool blend and…yeah I know I said that yesterday.
I have been forcing myself not to start washing the 2 raw fleeces I got last year. I need to pick the Lincoln but I can just wash the Corridale. I e mailed my friend about picking up some more or having a farm day soon since she will be shearing…soon.

Stop me, I must buy more fleece...

2 Comments:

Blogger dragon knitter said...

how can i stop you if i don't see you? i've started carding the lincoln fleece, and it's taaaaaaaaasty.

mark and i are dreaming gardens right now. in fact, we're thinking about digging up both back yards (his will be for shady things like greens & herbs, and mine will be the sunshine garden). ah, i can taste the homegrown tomatoes now!

3/06/2007 11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait for spring. It's been so cold her the last few days, but we are in for a warm up tomorrow!

3/09/2007 4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home