Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Socks that Rock!

Ok, I have been sucked into socks. Yes I know that sounds sick but it's true. I have been attracted to sock yarns for quiet some time. Reading The Yarn Harlot only made it more irrisistable. So I began to knit one late sunday night after the weekend from hell. (pipes that clog, leak and then need to be replaced, and the smell!) Tuesday I turned the heel and did the gussets. Tuesday night I purled 3 rows I shouldn't of and while ripping back, screwed up something else. It took 15 minutes to put that puppy back to rights. Today I discovered I didn't decrease enough on the gussets and had to improvise. 8 STITCHES PEOPLE! It just wasn't the kind of thing I could rip back to the mistake and re knit. (though I may have to after trying the sock on, 'cause the new snugness is so much more comfy)

1 Comments:

Blogger dragon knitter said...

socks are FUN! i've embarked on my first pair(s) with true sock yarn, and it's a blast! keep up the good work, would love to see pics!

3/13/2006 7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home