Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Spin span spun

Welcome to the first post of 2007.
Today we are spinning the merino Tango colorway from Paradise Fibers on a homemade drop spindle made from a dowel and 2 wooden wheels. It looks like we have done up ¼-1/2 oz and it is just a dream to work with.

What to do with it? I have 8 oz total and I was considering my options…
Give it to my secret pal
Make something out of it
Sell it as yarn in the festival.
I decided to go all of the routes. I will give some to my secret pal, I will make something for myself (maybe a set of those fingerless gloves!) and I will sell a bit of it.(If there is any left)
One of the yarns I make I will pass the fiber through the carder first. This blends the colors so that you can't even tell it's from the same roving. It also helps with the plying problem. I'm not fond of Navajo plying, and I don't like the "two verigated yarns plyed together" look.

Oh the Weather is going to be fright full, but the for-cast could be lie-full, And since I haven’t seen them yet, Call the girls for a fiber met!

Ok so I’m keeping my day job! To all you who read this I’m proposing a get together this Saturday at Wild Oats if the weather is ok. I’m thinking hot drinks, chocolate and fiber!
Amazingly enough I still have the Job. I’m down to a few buttons but I think the lady knit the cuffs wrong. Putting 2 splits on each one.

Anyway work has been a total change up. New boss, new coworkers, same old B.S.
Last night I went to the meeting at Mangelsons. Only to discover I didn't have the right equipment for the JOB.
Oh well, that's all for now.
Tune in next time for more fiber adventures on...Snarled Yarns!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger dragon knitter said...

i can't. sigh. liam's going to be in high school next year, and the open house for central is saturday from 1-3. oy.

1/10/2007 9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home