Saturday, December 09, 2006

Car-ma

Good afternoon ladies and gents..if there are any. Lets give a moment of thanks for Karma. Now lately I have been stocking up the cool points hoping a good job would come my way. You know letting people go first ,helping those in need, donating to charities, tipping wait staff. Well I went to my Fremont teens karate graduation and on the way home that night was not paying attention, ran a red light and managed to hit the breaks in time(going 60 in a 35) and miss the car turning in front of me. With the choice of this or the job, I vote saved from a nasty my- fault car wreck every time! Did I mention that my 8 year old was in the passenger seat? Yeah. Go Karma! I have tipped both my waitresses today in thanks and for future stock.

"In the news today" Quisha broke her board in karate and graduated to green belt..Yeah! I had fun watching the kids work out, spar and show off. It was a blast. I have photos....

Christine had her play last Friday..I have photos...
Yup, she's the one on your left, first in line to kill the lion.
Next week Heather has a Christmas violin concert. I will have photos.

I learned that my driving at night problem has been solved by my new car. The lights illuminate both sides of the road and at least one car length up front. Night driving is scary no more!

The house buying thing is back on, cross your fingers. Johns yarn came in and I'm going to break down and knit him a vest that zippers down the front.
I picked up yet another knit job, but one I won't start till January.(Procrastination? No I'm actually on holiday.)

I want to go back to that post where I said no more ramblings and talk about yarns I've knit with.

To all the yarns I've loved before...
Thursday I picked up some Paton's SWS. This is a single ply variegated yarn 70/30 wool soy blend. I'm knitting a sock purse on #6 DPN's. The yarn is shiny and fuzzy. I have to watch that it doesn't twist too much when I knit, and it looks positively awesome in seed stitch. The balls come in almost 3 oz and 110 yards. I purchased two different colorways, natural earth and natural navy. It seems to be doing ok.

If anyone reads the Yarn Harlot and can remember the entry "Stop Me" where she was making small shoes from 50 baby Booties to Knit, I have a co worker who is having a baby soon(like 2 weeks ) and I want to knit booties instead of a blanket. I need this book! I will otherwise be knitting squares with leggings!
(Sigh)
Small shoes.

3 Comments:

Blogger dragon knitter said...

tossing that dollar in next door to touche helped, eh?

and i tried to locate 50 baby bootees to knit, but the library doesn't have it.

i also tried joanns, hancock, and borders. i'll try barnes & noble, but don't count on it. oy.

12/09/2006 8:23 PM  
Blogger dragon knitter said...

maybe you can convince the harlot to loan you her copy?

12/09/2006 8:25 PM  
Blogger Alcariel said...

Glad to hear that you're safe. I haven't seen the baby bootee book, but I'll take a look at the Borders that's out by me too.

12/10/2006 9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home