Friday, August 11, 2006

Seriously, what the hell was I thinking?

Some of you may remember the web site You Knit What? Sadly while listening to the Pixy purls podcast yesterday I was sadly informed that they were giving up on the fug. We shall miss it, but we under stand the time issue.
On to knitting and spinning. After yesterdays blog post I went on the front porch and spun on my drop spindle. I think I was out there for a good 20 min. I felt LOADS better. Some times you just need to follow your own advice. Then I just kept going…

There are at least 3 knit meetings that I know about around Omaha, Joann’s Bellevue Tuesday nights, Mangelsons Omaha Tuesday nights, Southroads Bellevue Saturday mornings, and string of purls Tuesday morning and Thursday evening. I went there last night and felt..well relief!
Knitters were my own age, used computers and the internet A LOT, and had a goofy yet classy since of humor. Not a one of them used a pattern none of them were crocheting, and not one of them was using manmade fibers. Nobody needed teaching, and there were enough people there to talk to or not as you felt.
Some had businesses, all seem to have blogs or read them, it was just so different. (And yes there was 1 dog but it was nice, calm and so a non issue.) I got started on MY shawl and knit several inches while holding a quiet conversation with some very cool and kooky ladies.
I may go back next Thursday if they’ll have me.

1 Comments:

Blogger dragon knitter said...

oh hell yes, you can come back! i thought that was you! i was sitting next to erin, in the funky chair (as opposed to the COMFY CHAIR!) deawn is just a trip, isn't she? i'm glad you enjoyed your time with us. i was gonna speak up & say hi, but my brain is in overload, with wedding stuff and all. and yes, you're invited to the shower as well! bring lots of stash! (hand spun would be nice, lol) i didn't see what you were working on, except the colors, and those were drop dead. bring it back!

8/11/2006 8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home