Sunday, July 16, 2006

Rocky Road Yarn

Congratulate me! I've finally managed to create some Rocky road yarn. I used a medium brown corridale and a dark chocolate jacobs, and an oatmeal icelandic down tussah silk mix yarn to be the cable ply. It's kinda hairy and a little rough, and the plying is a loose. Next time I will make the first ply's tighter. I may use the alpaca/wool blend next time instead of just the corridale. Also to make the icelandic/silk be more thick and thin to imitate marshmallows.
On the rest of the news it's been HOT! upper 90's and over 100's for 2 weeks, and it's just been nice in the 80's this last few days.
I have been reading blogs and laughing my butt off..see the Yarnharlot's post, then read Panopticon and if you have time the stalker link in Stephs post is hilarious. Doesn't help I've been reading Terry Pratchet again.
The knitting has given way to the spinning. I've been spinning what I thought was green Ashland bay top and getting the Fiber festival set up. My new boy Prince has an ear infection so we had to go to the vet. Everybody got their shots and boy did I get a bill!
Fiscal year's end and Johns sweater are looming in the distance, As well as the guild's open meeting in sept, the State fair (which I am not entering this year.) my birthday (sept 2) lots of overtime and my first car payment.
Didn't I tell you about that? I got a 2006 VW Jetta 2.5 Yeah, how cool is that? then on top of that since they didn't have it on the let, they let me take a turbo bug home for a week. Performance VW out on 120th and Harrison. On top of that The salesman gave me the name of an insurance rep who did both our brand new vehicles for$ 100 a month when our old ins company wanted 200. I'm sure we could have done better but right now, we're happy...
What ? oh yeah, my husband got a 2006 Toyota Scion xa All in the same weekend. What's wrong with us?
I'll tell ya what Will be wrong with us... No Money!
Toodles!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home