Monday, July 10, 2006

Get your head out of the wool!

And take some photos will you? What happened to the bouncy yarn, the sock photo all that you promised your faithfully readers? I saw you, finishing up that cardi and moving on to the baby afghan. Do you think they will wait for ever? Do you think they have forgotten? Well let me tell you.. They have NOT! They know you've got your head in the wool. There is the evidence..The bits of fleece on your pants, the full bobbins on your Ashford and the growing piles of washed alpaca in the basement. Nevermind the shrinking ball of Ashland Bay top that mysteriously made it's way upstairs.
I tell you fickle blogger you owe us photos Big time, and if you continue to ignore us...We will be forced to conspire with the camera against you. You've Been Warned!
The blog

Now usually I don't give in to those kind of things but when I saw the camera cord hooked to the camera and sitting on my keyboard, I figured that maybe it was time. So I give you photo's
unfortunately I found a note from the bouncy yarn. It left me for the black hole in the basement. I may find it yet and convince it to stay, but until then...

This will have to be it's replacement. The ball of yarn is destined to become that lace shawl. It's sitting on the pattern with the needles around it.
Yeah....And the cute sheep? That was a gift from some friends at my old job. Could you tell where my head was at?

1 Comments:

Blogger Snarled Yarns said...

Ok, I saw this blog called the Heathen housewife. She is asking for leftover sock yarn to complete her modular blanket. At first I said whoa cool, a place to send mine! Then I thought way cooler, something to do with mine! As I flipped around her blog she was talking about on line swapping. (No this is not some swinging couple thing.) and I said I always wanted to join one of those, but I don’t have the deadline kind of mind. As I read on I found this magic ball idea and thought about doing it for a friend of mine, but she has enough yarn. Knitting mini socks came next, ya know back to the leftover sock yarn cause I don’t have enough to do a big blanket either., then finally combining my desire to do charity work…preemie socks! Give me a year and I’ll get right on it.

I need a case of crochet hooks..don’t look at me like that, I am not turning traitor, I need it because my finishing business is taking off again.

So now that we have establishe that I have extra sock yarn, lets talk about why. Right now I am knitting the second bon bon sock and I started with a 3 oz ball. I still prob. Have 1.5 oz left and I’m doing the second to last round of gusset decreases. The reason is simple, I don’t make long legs. I like short cuff socks, wich leaves me with a lot of leftover yarn. So I have 3 balls of brownsheep wildfoote, 4 balls of regina in autumn colors. One color was split up, I knitted my bed socks out of one ball, and my hubby machine knitted a pair out of the other ball. Maybe I will knit a hat. Or maybe take the fuzzy stuff and knit a cuff, and use a tame color to knit the rest. Decorative warm socks. Good for kids, good for X mas. Hhhmmmmm

How cool is that? One of the vendors I saw at Iowa sheep and wool is now a supporter for Cast-On the podcast! Wow talk about a small world! Rock on.

7/20/2006 5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home