Friday, July 14, 2006

I am in heck!

Phill the ruler of Heck is laughing at me now, can you hear it?(Dilbert ref.) Ok so the cardi from hell came back. I'm looking to flame it. Lets just say I'm glad I didn't sew down all the ends.The baby blanket and sweater both went back without a hitch. The real problem is more like I don't want to knit, I don't want to spin, and I don't want to do anything else. I have been having some luck reading, as long as it has nothing to do with the crafting stuff.
I carded up another batt of alpaca/wool, tried out some cotton angora and was not impressed with the spinning. I reorganized my books and wool storage area. (Holy freak! I have a lot of fiber.) I've been spinning some angora wool for a change but it's not getting me anywhere. The Ashland bay top is cool but it's top and kinda hurts my hands.
I finally cast on and knit the first row of the shawl, it's so tiny! I decided to knit the first 5 rows in garter stitch after all as a good edge. The 5 stitches on either side will be garter as well.
Today we finally got a new monitor. 17 inch LCD. It has 2 pixels out on the left hand side. It's barely noticeable. At least I'm not beating my monitor anymore to get the screen to realign. Also there is a lot more space on my desk(no really, stop that laughing , it's true!) tho it doesn't quite seem it...
Moving on! Still waiting for my fiber from Morning sun fiber barn, I sent them a Suffolk cross fleece at the show. If they do a good job and it doesn't cost much, I will send them my alpaca seconds, and my Columbia lamb fleece.
Well gotta go put out the flame on that cardi....

3 Comments:

Blogger dragon knitter said...

sounds like lots of fun at your house. keeping cool? my car thermometer said it was 106 up here! and i bought ice cream bars @ no frills with their bluebunny sale (it's still on through tuesday, if you want in on it!) and the coconut bars had to be eaten with a spoon in a bowl, and i live 3 minutes from no frills!

if they do well for you, would you be willing to give me their address as well? i'm thinking about fleeces, but need an affordable (inexpensive, i'm a cheapie) source.

i haven't felt like knitting either, sigh

7/16/2006 7:24 PM  
Blogger Snarled Yarns said...

why did I get married.
To tell you the truth, I keep getting married for the wrong reasons.not bad like addidcted to crack bad, but not the most right ones. NowI will saw why I stay married.

My second husband drives me toall my fiber events. A new yarn store in iowa? Lets go,m a fiber festival in Missouri? No problem, need to go pick up a loom in Grand Island, I got the keys, a nother fiber show in Kansas is just a trip down the street.

My husband listens to me drone about fiber and actually understands what I’m saying even tho he has no interest in it whatsoever. He will even buy it for me without complaining.

I have spots on my skin from exzema, my husband just thinks it makes me look more like the cat he thinks I am. He still tells me I’m pretty and chases me around the house.

My husband can cook, and would rather I not. (he he!) He doesn’t think there are such things as womens work wich means he cleans and does his own laundry.

He has a great scense of humor, he enjoys highbrow and low brow jokes…as well as PUNS! This means he’s warped in the same way I am.

He is not afraid to say I’m sorry and admit when he’s wrong,(tho they are not always the same thing.)

Some men are frightened by a women who can take care of herself, the kids and everything else, some men take advantage of women like that. My hubby doesn’t need me to be dependant on him, as is not really dependant on me.

7/19/2006 12:05 PM  
Blogger dragon knitter said...

i do understand about some guys. my fiance is a lot like your husband. he doesn't say much about my yarn. havne't had the opportunity to ask him to take me somewhere (i'd rather drive myself, lol) but i'm sure he would. and we both cook (we both work/worked in food service for anumber of years, he comes up with the nutty ideas, and i let him know if it will work or not), and he does his own laundry. and cleans his own house.

and he knows i'll do my own stuff if i can. i'm kinda small, so i have trouble with large, oversized stuff (i have the strength, just not the leverage). heck, i put up a screen door on my front porch myself. and he thinks it's great. we take care of each other.

7/19/2006 8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home