Monday, June 05, 2006

garden party

This weekend was great, I took my 12 year old to the Botanical gardens down the street and OOhed and AAhhed at the flora they had, only to notice today that my own flora has been putting on a show…








The yellow one(granda flora) is doing just fine for it’s first year, but the other one and I need to have a talk. It was not this color last year, the petals were striped purple and white. I suspect they did that grafting thing and since I had to cut the canes to the ground this year, the truth is out! Yup a red bud and two pale lavender blooms.

But to make up for the tricky nature of my hybrid tea, There is this growing in the garden next to it...

Yeah, that is a huge lilly,and yes they are all that tall. There should be some red ones in there somewhere but we will have to wait. The mulberry trees are dropping berries by the bucketful, the tree in the backyard is flowering and what a nice fragrance it has! My Iris’ have done their thing, but the spiderwort is still open in the morning. The fall lilies haven’t grown stems yet, and the rhoddies and Azeleas have ceased to bloom. I have a multitude of wild flowers going, but I don’t know their names. I live in a garden where ther is always something blooming, or fruiting. I feel so truly blessed.

1 Comments:

Blogger dragon knitter said...

oooooooo i'd take some mulberries!

the flowers are gorgeous. i havne't had time nor inclination to do much but tame the jungle round here, sigh.

biggest reason, which maybe why i don't go on sunday, after all, is mark is having foot surgery thursday. ick.

6/06/2006 9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home