Sunday, November 13, 2005

Like a hole in the head!

Ok today I went to Mangelsons cause they were having a 75% sale...On yarn among many other things. I bought 6 balls of machine washable wool in blues, 4 balls of Joe sharp cotton in red and white, and two balls of Galloway in light brown and orange-ish. What I wanted to to say here was.. I Need More Yarn Like I Need a Hole in the Head! What is Wrong with me? $61.00 was only because I have a tax free permit and a small basket. I already had put back 6 balls of other yarns. (And was secretly kicking myself)
But enough of that, the spin meeting at wild oats was cool! Almost all of my guests showed up. I was so proud. I hope that they keep it up. Even one I didn't expect came. She is to be blamed for the sale, SHE told me about it. She even beat me there this morning!
Today I also got my bagging and tagging done for the show. So more news after Saturday.(That's when the show is) Haven't I mentioned the show? The Omaha Weaver and spinners guild puts on their annual show, and as a member, I get to sell stuff! So this Saturday I will get some space in my tote and maybe some more yarn money!
Oh yeah and LACE! I can now read lace patterns and knit them too! I bought that wildfoote sock yarn, and a set of size 4 needles and a lace pattern (that is too easy but pretty). I went to lionbrand dot com and found a more interesting one. Ladies and gentlemen, this is the realization of the dream. I pursued knitting with the goal of knitting lace. I spin fine yarns with the goal of.. you got it, knitting lace. Wish me luck!
Toodles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home