Friday, September 30, 2005

Cold cold COLD!

Hello chickadee's it is 6:45 am in the morning and it is Cold! The mittens I'm making just aren't coming fast enough. I took the dog for a walk this morning and my fingers went numb. All I could think of was mittens, hat, scarf: wool.
This morning was a good time for spinning work. I carded a Icelandic sheep down silk mix 60/40 with pretty good results. Since I've done it before, it will be promptly added to my growing sample yarn. Lately I've been plying some commercial yarn up for lace knitting. It's a machine knitting yarn 25/75 Mohair and acrylic, 3 plied. This stuff is so thin, that 3 ply only gets me to a fingering weight yarn. Unfortunately it's grey, so the dyepot will be getting some action soon.
I'm almost finished with the Berroco suede bag, I have to knit the strap and sew it together. My customer can't wait. Then I get to start the hat of a million colors.
Matter of fact I need to test wash that swatch. While I'm away, here are some photos to look at.
Toodles!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home